1) List your 16 great-great-grandparents with their birth, death and marriage data (dates and places). [Hint - you might use an Ancestral Name List from your software for this.]
2) Determine the countries (or states) that these ancestors lived in at their birth and at their death.
3) For extra credit, go make a "Heritage Pie" chart for the country of origin (birth place) for these 16 ancestors.[Hint: you could use the chart generator from Kid Zone for this.] [Note: Thank you to Sheri Fenley for the "Heritage Pie" chart idea.]
4. Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this post, or in a post on Facebook or google+.
Here are my 16 great-great-grandparents:
1. Evert Huigen, son of unknown parents, was born on 6 December 1827 in the Netherlands. He died on 27 February 1864, probably in Marshall Co., IL. He married Catherine Toemmes on 3 June 1854 in Marshall Co., IL.
2. Catherine Toemmes, daughter of Johann Toemmes and Maria Schmitt, was born on 6 January 1827 in Trassem, Kreis Saarburg, Prussia. She died in Jacksonville, Morgan Co., IL.
3. Johann Wimar Fitzler, son of Wimar Fitzler and Anna Margaretha Felder, was born on 23 July 1832 in Wolperath, Rhein Province, Prussia. He died between 1885 and 1900, prbably in Marshall Co., IL. He married Anna Helene Schmitt on 10 July 1858 in LaSalle, LaSalle Co., IL.
4. Anna Helene Schmitt, daughter of Johannes Schmitt and Anna Helene Peters, was born on 17 August 1833 in Eischeid, Rhein Province, Prussia. She died on 20 May 1904 in Creighton, Knox Co., NE.
5. John Kain, son of unknown parents, was born on 11 June 1819 in Armagh, County Armagh, Ireland, UK. He died on 16 November 1893 in Lyons, Clinton Co., IA. He married Mary Fox on 2 July 1848 in St. Louis, St. Louis Co., MO.
6. Mary Fox, daughter of unknown parents, was born on 29 September 1823 in County Leitrim, Ireland, UK. She died on 12 May 1890 in Lyons, Clinton Co., IA.
7. John Kennedy, son of Micheal Kennedy and an unknown Nolaurd, was born on 2 June 1826 in King's County, Ireland, UK. He died on 6 November 1913 in Clinton, Clinton Co., IA. He married Hanora Collins Wallace on 10 November 1854 somewhere in the USA.
8. Hanora Collins, daughter of unknown parents, was born on 25 March 1830 in Glenbrohane, County Limerick, Ireland, UK. She died on 24 November 1888 in Clinton, Clinton Co., IA.
9. James Robert Ogden, son of Robert Ogden and Frances Amelia Morrell, was born on 9 February 1836 in New Brunswick, Canada. He died on 6 August 1910 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD. He married Hannah Gibbon on 12 November 1861 in Grey Co., Ontario, Canada.
10. Hannah Gibbon, daughter of John Gibbon and Margaret Davidson, was born on 10 February 1837 in Chinguacousy, Peel Co., Ontario, Canada. She died on 18 April 1827 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD.
11. John Frederick Herren, son of John Herren and Anna Bruns, was born on 1 November 1846 in WI. He died on 8 May 1920 in Charles Mix Co., SD. He married Julia Ann Adelbush on 27 June 1868 in West Bend, Washington Co., WI.
13. Carl Jacob Johnson, son of Johan Peter Karlsson and Stina Greta Jacobsdotter, was born on 1 July 1832 in Vrångfall, Locknevi, Kalmar, Småland, Sweden. He died on 17 October 1915 in Orion, Henry Co., IL. He married Christina Charlotta Jonsdotter on 4 September 1863 in Locknevi,Kalmar,Småland,Sweden.
14. Christina Charlotta Jönsdotter, daughter of Jonas Nilsson and Lisa Persdotter, was born on 4 July 1839 in Slottsbäcken, Locknevi, Kalmar, Småland, Sweden. She died on 10 October 1919 in Gordon, Sheridan Co., NE.
15. Abraham Strayer, son of Andrew Strayer and Catherine Schaeffer, was born on 2 September 1822 in Dover, York Co., PA. He died on 13 February 1893 in Milan, Rock Island Co., IL. He married Harriet Alice Howard on 10 June 1947 in Clark Co., OH.
16. Harriet Alice Howard, daughter of Samuel Howard and Sarah Bolten, was born on 30 April 1829 in Dayton, Montgomery Co., OH. She died on 2 April 1914 in Davenport, Scott Co., IA.
I'm going to ignore that all of Ireland was part of the United Kindom when my ancestors were born there and treat them all as having been born in Ireland. I'm sure they would have agreed with that sentiment.
So here is my pie chart.