This week's surname is my mother's maiden name. The Ogden's are the Canadians in my ancestry. They were Loyalists who left New York for New Brunswick shortly after the end of the American Revolution. I wrote about my Loyalist ancestors in this post.
1. Kevin Joseph HUIGENS
2. Joseph Anthony HUIGENS
3. Shirley Ann OGDEN
6. Emery Julius OGDEN (b. 9 Sept 1896 in Elk Point, Union Co., SD, USA, m. 19 Mar 1929 in Gordon, Sheridan Co., NE, USA, d. 8 Apr 1984 in Martin, Bennett Co., SD, USA)
7. Esther Louise JOHNSON (b. 23 Feb 1902 in Milan, Rock Island Co., IL, USA, d. 24 Mar 1984 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD, USA)
12. William Fredrick OGDEN (b. 10 Oct 1871 in Simcoe, Norfolk Co., Ontario, Canada, m. 25 Jan. 1895 in Elk Point, Union Co., SD, USA, d. 19 May 1951 in Platteville, Grant Co., WI, USA)
13. Mary Elizabeth HERREN (b. 22 Dec 1873 in Batavia, Scott Twp., Sheboygan Co., WI, USA, d. 14 Nov 1938 in Mission, Todd Co., SD, USA)
24. James Robert OGDEN (b. 9 Feb 1836 in New Brunswick, Canada, m. 12 Nov 1861 in Grey Co., Ontario, Canada, d. 6 Aug 1910 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD, USA)
25. Hannah GIBBON (b. 10 Feb 1837 in Chinguacousy, Peel Co., Ontario, Canada, d. 18 Apr 1927 in Denby, Shannon Co., SD, USA)
48. Robert OGDEN (b. abt 1807 in New Brunswick, Canada, m. 13 Jan 1825 in Kings Co., New Brunswick, Canada, d. 26 Jan 1892 in Bruce Co., Ontario, Canada)
49. Frances Amelia MORRELL (b. abt 1809 in Canada, d. 1881)
96. Jonathon OGDEN (b. 1748 in NY, m1. before 1794 to Millie Whitlock in ?, m2. 20 Oct 1801 to Mary Clark in Gagetown, Queens Co., New Brunswick, Canada, d. 14 Nov 1845 in Greenwich, Kings Co., New Brunswick, Canada)
97. Mary CLARK (b. 1765 in ?, d. Aug 1846 in Greenwich, Kings Co., New Brunswick, Canada)
192. Michael OGDEN (b. 1703 in Rye, Westchester Co., NY, m. ?, d. 30 Mar 1790 in Queens Co., New Brunswick, Canada)
193. Jane BLOOMER (b. 1725 in ?, d. ?)
384. John Ogden (b. 1672 in Rye, Westchester Co., NY, m. ?, d. 1746 in North Castle, Westchester Co., NY)
385. Susanah DUNSCOMBE (b. ?, d. 8 Nov 1869 in North Castle, Westchester Co., NY, d. 17 Apr 1687 in Rye, Westchester Co., NY)
768. John OGDEN (b. 3 Sept 1600? in England, UK, m. 19 Apr 1865 in Stamford, Fairfield Co., CT d. 1682 in Rye, Westchester Co., NY)
769. Judith BUDD (b. 4 Jun 1639 Southold, Suffolk Co., NY, d. 17 Apr 1687 in Rye, Westchester Co., NY)
There are OGDEN family trees that go for generations and generations back in England. Unfortunately they are all based on "The Ogden Family in America, Elizabethtown Branch, and Their English Ancestry: John Ogden, the Pilgrim and His Descendants, 1640-1906, Their History."This bogus family history is based on work done by the infamous genealogy fraud Gustave Anjou (original name Gustaf Ludvig Ljungberg). According to this book, my ancestor John OGDEN, known as John Ogden of Rye, was the first cousin of John Ogden the Pilgrim. John the Pilgrim has many,many descendants, some of them quite famous. Lord knows if the two men were really related and I am really related to all of these famous people.
Some of the details above are still subject to verification. I'm still not sure about the connections between Robert OGDEN and Jonathon OGDEN and that between 384. John OGDEN and 768. John OGDEN.