09 April 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy: Week 14 - State and National Societies

Week 14. State and National Societies: Last week we paid tribute to local genealogical and historical societies. This week we’re going to think bigger. For which state, provincial or national society are you most thankful? What makes this society special? How do the publications and events of this group assist in your family history research?

I'll have to go with the Minnesota Historical Society. Their website allows access to vital records that have provided me a lot of information and copies of documents, like my mother's birth certificate, my great-grandparents' death certificates, death certificates for some distant Kain relatives and more than I can remember. The indexes have even given me information on my cousin's daughters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment