09 January 2011

SNGF: What are they searching for?

This week's challenge:
1)  Go to your Blog Statistics website (e.g., StatCounter, Google Analytics, etc.) and find the page for "Keyword Searches" done on your blog.

2)  Tell us some of the funniest or most interesting keyword searches and your reaction to them. 

The top searches that led people to my blog:

5 times
genealogy blog Neunkirchen

4 times
"iowa 1855 census"
"Thomas FOX" "Mary FOX" "Patrick FOX" "john kain"
streher

3 times
Peter Stroeher of Starkenburg

Nothing too exciting there. 

'Junkerhorfva' is a search term I didn't recognize at first.  It's the place in Sweden where my great-great-great-grandfather Jonas NILSSON was born. 

One search was from someone looking for Russell DeWitt of Rushville, a man for whom my mother worked after she graduated high school.

'afentahl' and 'ahfentahl' both brought people to my site. I sure hope they weren't disappointed.  'FAMILY HISTORY' brought someone.  I'm honored.

No comments:

Post a Comment