10 September 2011
Surname Saturday - 53: Bruns
1. Kevin Joseph HUIGENS
2. Joseph Anthony HUIGENS
3. Shirley Ann OGDEN
6. Emery Julius OGDEN (b. 9 Sept 1896 in Elk Point, Union Co., SD, USA, m. 19 Mar 1929 in Gordon, Sheridan Co., NE, USA, d. 8 Apr 1984 in Martin, Bennett Co., SD, USA)
7. Esther Louise JOHNSON (b. 23 Feb 1902 in Milan, Rock Island Co., IL, USA, d. 24 Mar 1984 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD, USA)
12. William Fredrick OGDEN (b. 10 Oct 1871 in Simcoe, Norfolk Co., Ontario, Canada, m. 25 Jan. 1895 in Elk Point, Union Co., SD, USA, d. 19 May 1951 in Platteville, Grant Co., WI, USA)
13. Mary Elizabeth HERREN (b. 22 Dec 1873 in Batavia, Scott Twp., Sheboygan Co., WI, USA, d. 14 Nov 1938 in Mission, Todd Co., SD, USA)
26. John Fredrick HERREN (b. Nov 1847 in WI, m. 1868 in WI, d. 8 May 1920 in Charles Mix Co., SD)
27. Julia Ann ADELBUSH (b. Jun 1850 in WI, d. 24 Aug 1912 in Charles Mix Co., SD)
52. Johann HERREN (b. 1804 in Hannover, m. before 1830 in ?, d. 14 MAR 1880 in Sheboygan, Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA)
53. Anna BRUNS (b. 23 Feb 1808 in Hannover, d. 2 Sep 1881 in Scott, Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA)
John and Anna's place of birth is Hannover in the 1860 and 1870 US censuses. In 1850 it is Germany. In 1880, Anna's is Prussia. In 1803, Napoleon's soldiers occupied Hannover, so John and Ana may have been born during a time of French occupation. During the time of the Napoleonic Wars, this area changed hands over and over. I'm not sure how to list the place to reflect accurately the administrative area in which they were born. Plus I'm not sure if they were born in the city or the electorate. Let's just call them Germans and be done with it.
I don't have anything farther back on this line. A quick google did turn up an older post on the Bruns message board in Ancestry.com from someone who has done extensive research on the Bruns of Hannover. I posted a reply in hopes that Anna fits into that research somewhere. Fingers crossed.