27 February 2012

1940 US Census

A lot of bloggers are posting about who they are looking forward to seeing in the 1940 US Census when it is released in about a month. The first person I'll be looking for is my mother. Ten years ago she was mildly put out that my father, born in 1927 was in the 1930 US Census and she wasn't. She was born in 1931, so she just missed out. She turned 80 last year and I'm glad that she'll finally be able to see herself in the census. She has seen herself and her brothers and sisters in the South Dakota state census records for 1935 and 1945 on Family Search. It's just not the same.

I'll also be looking for my parents' aunts, uncles and cousins, my grandparents and any great-grandparents still alive in 1940. After that I'll look for my grandparents' aunts, uncles and cousins. That should keep me busy for a week or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment