26 February 2012

Blog Milestones

This blog passed two milestones recently. The first was about a month ago on Jan. 28, 2012 when I posted my 100th blog entry. It was a Saturday Night Genealogy Fun entry.

Then later this week, this blog celebrated its third anniversary. My first post was on Feb. 22, 2009 about the cornerstone of the Keokuk Civil War Hospital where my great-great-grandfather was treated right before his discharge.


So 100 posts in about 35 months works out to about 3 per month. Not a highly productive rate. But I have a plan for doing better. It's the Jerry Seinfeld "Don't Break the Chain" technique. I read about it on Lifehacker here and here. I've got two calendars going on the fridge starting yesterday. One is for 30 minutes of exercise every day and the other is for a blog post every day. I'll go put my second red X on the blog post one as soon as I post this. The exercise one already has two X's on it. The chains aren't very big yet and I'm hoping to see them grow. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Happy blogiversary to you! And happy 100th post, too. Good luck with your chains.

    ReplyDelete