1. Kevin Joseph HUIGENS
2. Joseph Anthony HUIGENS
3. Shirley Ann OGDEN
6. Emery Julius OGDEN (b. 9 Sept 1896 in Elk Point, Union Co., SD, USA, m. 19 Mar 1929 in Gordon, Sheridan Co., NE, USA, d. 8 Apr 1984 in Martin, Bennett Co., SD, USA)
7. Esther Louise JOHNSON (b. 23 Feb 1902 in Milan, Rock Island Co., IL, USA, d. 24 Mar 1984 in Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD, USA)
12. William Fredrick OGDEN (b. 10 Oct 1871 in Simcoe, Norfolk Co., Ontario, Canada, m. 25 Jan. 1895 in Elk Point, Union Co., SD, USA, d. 19 May 1951 in Platteville, Grant Co., WI, USA)
13. Mary Elizabeth HERREN (b. 22 Dec 1873 in Batavia, Scott Twp., Sheboygan Co., WI, USA, d. 14 Nov 1938 in Mission, Todd Co., SD, USA)
26. John Fredrick HERREN (b. Nov 1847 in WI, m. 1868 in WI, d. 8 May 1920 in Charles Mix Co., SD)
27. Julia Ann ADELBUSH (b. Jun 1850 in WI, d. 24 Aug 1912 in Charles Mix Co., SD)
52. Johann HERREN (b. 1804 in Hannover, m. before 1830 in ?, d. after 1880? in ?)
53. Anna BRUNS (b. 1807 in Oldenburg, d. after 1881 in ?)
These are my Wisconsin ancestors. Johann was born in the Electorate of Hannover (AKA Electorate of Brunswick-Lüneburg) which was part of the Holy Roman Empire. Except that one year before he was born, Napoleon Bonaparte's armies had occupied it. So technically he was born under French rule. Anna was born in the independent Duchy of Oldenburg. Both places are now parts of Germany. No idea yet when or where they married. It was probably somewhere in Germany before their oldest known son was born there. They came to America some time between 1841 (when their daughter Hannah was born in Germany) and 1847 when John Fredrick was born in WI. The family first settled near West Bend, Washington Co., WI, then later moved to Sheboygan Co., WI.
Some time between 1880 and 1884, John Fredrick moved his family to Charles Mix Co., SD, where Mary Elizabeth met and married William Frederick OGDEN.