03 April 2011

Apr. 2011, Week 1: Birth of Esther Louise JOHNSON

Back on schedule in April. We'll see how long this lasts.

My maternal grandmother, Esther Louise JOHNSON, was born on 23 Feb 1902 in Milan, Rock Island Co., SD, USA. Her parents were Gustaf Adolph JOHNSON and Rosabel STRAYER.

My sources for her birth date are her grave marker, her obituary, a funeral card, and the SSDI. For the location, I have her obituary and my mother's 1945 SD Census card. I still need to get her Rock Island Co. birth record, any church baptism records, her Pennington Co., SD death record, her SS-5 application and newspaper birth announcements. To find the exact location where her parents were living when she was born, I need to check Rock Island Co. land records and county or Milan city directories for 1902. According to the 1900 US Census, Gust and Rose were renting a house in Milan. That may be the same place they were living when their first child was born two years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment