27 April 2011

Ohio Marriage of Samuel Howard and Sarah Bolton

My mother informed me that one of her cousin's daughter had some info on our English Howard line. The information I received from my second cousin was that she had a marriage record for Samuel Howard and Sarah Balton from Hamilton Co., Ohio from 30 Nov 1824. That sent me looking on-line to see what I could find. The first thing I found was an entry on the marriage in a DAR book from 1941, "Marriage records, Hamilton County, Ohio." (1)  That confirmed the place and date.

Next I went to Family Search and found the following image. (2)


This looks like the record from which the DAR info was abstracted. The original source for this image is explained here.  Looks like I need to see if they have the original license at the courthouse.  Even better, maybe my second cousin has a copy of the original and not what I found on-line.  I'm hopeful that the original has birthplaces, ages, parents' names.  That'd make things so much easier.

1) Ancestry.com. Marriage records, Hamilton County, Ohio [database on-line]. Provo, UT: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: Marriage records, Hamilton County, Ohio. Cincinnati, Ohio: Cincinnati Chapter, D.A.R., 1941.  Accessed 26 Apr 2011. Entry for Sarah Balton and Samuel Howard, p. 28.


2) "Ohio, County Marriages, 1790-1950." database and images, FamilySearch: accessed 26 April 2011. entry for Samuel Howard and Sarah Balton, married 30 Nov 1824; citing Marriage Records, FHL film 344451; Hamilton County Courthouse, Cincinnatti, Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment