03 April 2011

Surname Saturday: 39 Peters

Stop me if you've heard this before: So I went into ancestry.com and there was this little leaf. Yup, I went last night to gather info for a post on another German line of ancestors and I found several family trees with birth, death and parent information for my ancestor Jakob Wilhelm PETERS. I incorporated the info for now. It will all have to be verified and properly sourced someday, but for now I'll post it with the caveat that it is unverified data.

1. Kevin Joseph HUIGENS

2. Joseph Anthony HUIGENS
3. Shirley Ann OGDEN

4. Joseph Andrew HUIGENS (b. 9 Mar 1891 near Creighton, Knox Co., NE, m. 18 Feb 1914 at St. Ludgers Catholic Church in Creighton, Knox Co., NE, d. 8 Nov 1957 in Rushville, Sheridan Co., NE)
5. Mary Julia KAIN (b. 19 May 1896 in Knox Co., NE, d. 29 Apr 1979 in Rushville, Sheridan Co., NE)

8. John Edward HUIGENS (b. 15 Jun 1862 near Henry, Marshall Co., m. 28 Jan 1884 at St. Mary's Catholic Church, Henry, Marshall Co., IL, d. 12 Apr 1949 in Creighton, Knox Co., NE)
9. Mary FITZLER (b. 22 Feb 1866 in Marshall Co., IL, d. 6 Feb 1949 in Creighton, Knox Co., NE)

18. Johan Wimer "Wymer" FITZLER (b. 23 Jul 1832 in Wolperath, Rhein Province, Prussia, m. at St. Patrick Catholic Church, LaSalle, LaSalle Co., IL, d. abt 1888 in Marshall Co., IL)
19. Anna Helene SCHMITT (b. 17 Aug 1833 in Eischeid, Rhein Province, Prussia, d. 20 May 1904 in Creighton, Knox Co., NE)

38. Johannes SCHMITT (b. 28 Feb 1790 in Eischeid, Palatinate, HRE, m. 24 Feb 1821 in Neunkirchen, Siegkreis, Prussia, d. ? in ?)
39. Anna Helene PETERS (b. 20 Jan 1799 in Niederwennersheid, Palatinate, HRE, d. ? in ?)

78. Jakob Wilhelm PETERS (b. 12 Aug 1746 in Hoff, Siegkreis, Rheinland, Prussia, m. 1780 in ???, d. 15 Mar 1817, Niederwennerscheid, Palatinate, HRE)
79. Anna Maria Kuepper (b. 01 Nov 1762 in Germany, d. 13 Dec 1824 in Niederwennerscheid, Palatinate, HRE)

156. Johann Wilhelm PETERS (b. ??? in Hoff, Siegkreis, Rheinland, Prussia, m. 14 Feb 1735 in Neunkirchen, Siegkreis, Prussia, d. ??? in ???)
157. Eva Maria ORTH (b. 15 MAR 1714 in Niederwennersheid, Palatinate, HRE, d. 6 May 1754 in Hoff, Siegkreis, Rheinland, Prussia) 

I will need to go back through my notes on this area of Germany and the history of its geopolitics; when did it go from the Holy Roman Empire to Prussia, etc. I like listing the historical place details rather than the current ones. In my mind, my ancestors were not born in Germany or North Rhein-Westphalia. Those geopolitical entities did not exist during their lives. Anyway, I put the locations in italics to indicate that they may not be accurate.  One more thing for my genealogy to do list: create a timeline of the geopolitics of the regions where my German/Prussian ancestors lived.

1 comment:

  1. Hi -

    I like your idea of keeping notes about the history and geopolitics of Germany. It really can get very confusing and complicated. I'm going to have to try that with my German ancestors.

    I'm not sure if you are aware, but WikiTree, a free family tree building website with unique privacy controls, has an embeddable family tree widget. The widget also updates automatically, whenever your tree on WikiTree is updated.

    The widget would be useful to add a visual display to your Surname Saturday Posts.

    I checked out WikiTree's database for you, but I didn't find any Peters that seemed to match yours.

    -Elyse
    WikiTree Evangelist
    www.WikiTree.com

    ReplyDelete