18 April 2011

Apr. 2011, week 3: Esther (JOHNSON) OGDEN's Death

Only a day late. That’s not too bad, is it? I spent a large part of yesterday finishing up some of the organizing tasks from Dear Myrtle’s Jan. Organizing Checklist for weeks 2 and 3. So I didn’t have time to work on my blog. I wonder if I’ll finish Week 4 of January’s checklist before May. Probably not. Sigh.

My Grandma Ogden died on 24 Mar 1984 in the Black Hills Rehabilitation Hospital, Rapid City, Pennington Co., SD. She was 82 years old.  She and my grandfather spent the last 10 years of their lives in various nursing homes in Rapid City, where my mother, their oldest daughter, lived. My grandfather died a month after his wife.  They are buried together in Fairview Cemetery in Rushville, Sheridan Co., NE.


My sources for this information, aside from personal knowledge, are this obituary, her grave marker, the SSDI and her funeral card. On my To Do list are to order her SD death certificate and to look into the records at Morse Memorial Methodist Church in Rushville, NE where her funeral was held.

No comments:

Post a Comment