22 March 2012

52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy: Week 12 - Podcasts

Week 12. Podcasts: make it easy to learn about genealogy on the go. Which podcast is your favorite? Who hosts it and how has that person, pair or group helped your family history research?

I've listened to episodes from two genealogy podcasts: The Genealogy Guys and Genealogy Gems. In fact, I have several back episodes of Drew and George's show in my Hotmail folder called "Listen to me." I need to win the lottery so I have endless free time accomplish everything I'd like to do if I didn't have to earn a living, including listening to genealogy podcasts.

I find Drew and George educational and informative. Most of the genealogy news I get from other sources, and it's all old hat by the time I get around to listening to it. My favorite is when they take questions from the audience and provide advice on sources and resources. 

I haven't listened to any recent episodes of Genealogy Gems, either. I stopped paying attention to them in my Google Reader stream because most of the time I was getting links to old out-dated episodes. It appears that stopped happening, so I will have to start looking for them.

For some reason, neither of these two feeds was associated with my podcasts label in Google Reader. In fact, nothing was. I wonder how I managed that. Anyway, I've rectified it and now I can find all of my podcasts in one convenient location. Maybe that will encourage me to listen more. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment