04 March 2012

SNGF: Genealogical Time Capsule

Yesterday's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun from Bill West via Randy Seaver.

1. Make a list of what you would put in a time capsule and why you'd choose each item.

2, What would you use for the time capsule? Where would you have it kept?

3. Write a blog post with the above information. If you don't have a blog,  send your time capsule idea to me as a comment to this post or email it to me. If you do have a blog, make sure to send me 
the link to your time capsule post.

I'm doing this a day late because I already completely answered today's prompt for Fearless Females two years ago. In fact, I'm not going to do the Fearless Female prompts because I've realized they are the same as what I did two years ago and I'd just be repeating myself. 

I would put the following items in a time capsule:
  • The handwritten transposition of Nessum Dorma that I did from trombone/baritone to tuba so I could perform it at a recital
  • A copy of the chess score sheet when I was one of two players to beat Arthur Bisguier in a simul at the University of Chicago in the late 1970s.
  • Pictures of my three children at various ages
  • My wife and I's favorite wedding photo
  • A copy of my AB and AM degrees along with my college transcript
  • A copy of my resume
  • A Chicago Cubs baseball cap with an "If it takes forever" pin
  • Jerseys or scarves from my favorite soccer teams (Brazil/USA/Corinthians/Sheffield Wednesday/Chicago Fire)
  • My mom's chocolate cookie recipe
We're gonna need a bigger boat. I'd put all of this in something ordered from this site. My wife has a safety deposit box. She says I can keep it there but I'm not allowed to start squirreling away things for after the Apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment